Resettlement Action Plan
Objectives of Resettlement Action Plan Study :
- To minimize the adverse social impacts
- To provide guidelines for compensation payments for loss of assets and livelihood
- To prevent further impoverishment of the PAPs
- Sustainability of socio-economic conditions
Resettlement Action Plan Study
- Existence of squatters on Right Of Way (ROW) of Karachi Circular Railway along Main line and Loop.
- Rap is mandatory requirement of JICA before dispatch of Appraisal Mission and initiating negotiations for loan.
- Preparation of Resettlement Action Plan for Project Affected Persons (PAPs) as per the President’s directives; for the Revival of Karachi Circular Railway, (April 20, 2009)
- Resettlement Action Plan (RAP) study carried out in conformity with World Bank, Japan Iternational Cooperation agency, and Asian Development Bank's guidelines.
- For each houshold unit, a 80 sq.yds plot & Rs.50,000/- cash compensation will be given as per World Bank's Guidelines (OP 4.12) states, “Resettlement assistance may consist of land, other assets, cash, employment and so on, as appropriate".
- Restoration of income, capacity building of squatters provided at resettlement site with all the basic amenities.
- Final RAP study report furnished to Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) on Oct. 2, 2010
Field Activities During RAP Study :
- Field Reconnaissance Surveys
- Fixing Benchmarks
- Marking of Chainges
- Numbering of Structures/squatters
Community Mobilization Activities